Friday, April 18, 2008

time (off) well spent

I took yesterday off from training. My great friend, Erin, was in town and I couldn't pass up the chance to spend some quality time with her. After getting married a year ago, she moved to North Carolina. But some changes have taken place and God has called her and Wayne to NYC. In other words, only a short train, bus, or car ride away!

Erin and I took advantage of a beautiful evening and went for a walk around Lake Quannapowitt, which is where I usually run...it's a perfect 4mi loop. We then went to a favorite Thai place for dinner, yum.

Today I'll take off as well...probably will go for a walk so that I'm doing something!

Tomorrow, bright and early, is race day! I can't wait! The only thing that stinks is I have to get up at 6am! On a Saturday! It's kind of cruel, but I gotta do. I'm just hoping for a sunny, warmish morning...pray for no rain. I don't think I could get out of bed that early if I heard rain and wind outside my window. We'll see what the day brings.....

No comments: