Monday, May 2, 2011

let the anxiety begin!

I know, I know...I'm prepared and I will rock this marathon.  That's not what the anxiety is about; well, not anymore.  Now begins the "What do I pack?!"  "What is the weather going to be like?!" (and obsessively checking it every 2-3hrs to see if it's changed.)  "Where are my favorite socks?!"  "Shorts/capri's...shorts/capri's...shorts/capri's?!"  "I hate flying, I hate flying, I hate flying!"  "Long sleeves or short sleeves or sleeveless?!"  "Where will I attach my bib if I have layers?!"  "Do I have something warm that I can throw away at the start?!"  "Will I see my family AT ALL on the course?!"

You see, I'm freaking out.  I can't even look at the Kalamazoo Marathon website without freaking out!  I think I'm more nervous and anxious about this one than about my first one.  It's kind of like how musicians are more nervous about their sophomore album than their first one because people are more likely to judge them if it goes horribly bad.  Well, I don't think this will go horribly bad...but there is a possibility that it will.  Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand....I have to fly to get there.  I hate flying.

So, if I can't voice my anxious thoughts here, where can I voice them?!  That's what this silly little blog is for! 

Countdown:  5 days.

2 comments:

Andrew and Christy Johnson said...

you can do it!
rooting for you!

Anonymous said...

You show that plane who's boss! And the marathon too! :)