Thursday, December 1, 2011

day 11

I have never run this many days in a row.  And I know why too:  It's hard!  I'm tired!  Today, I wondered why I was doing this?  Not sure, other than to say I did it...

I thought about only running a mile today, but once I get going it's hard to train my brain to run slower and shorter than if I was actually in training.  Because when you're training, the runs mean something.  You've got to get a certain amount of mileage in each week - a hill run, a tempo run, a speed workout and a long slow run.

But when you're not really training for anything the runs don't really matter as much.  I'm much more free to just enjoy myself with out worrying about pace or how many more miles.  As long as it's more than one mile each day, I'm golden!

It's a new way of thinking.  One that I can give in to until January 1st.  And that begins Boston Marathon Training.  (Nervous Excitement!)

For the record:
Sunday: 1 (you recall the Mt. Dew debacle...)
Monday:  4.81
Tuesday:  4 (at a sweltering gym)
Wednesday:  6.6
Thursday:  2.76

No comments: