Thursday, August 16, 2012

the big apple

New York City!  I'll be heading out bright and early tomorrow to catch a train, subway, bus, and a final subway to The City.  Well, to Jersey City...but it's close enough to call it, right?  I'm going to get some quality time with my dear friend, Erin, her husband and their three ah-dorable kiddos.  I can't wait!

There is a plan for tacos, church at the Gallery, and grown-up dinner and talk time.  I've also been promised reading, playing, and snuggling with the cutest kids I know.  And, there is a plan to finally find the pretty running routes in JC.  Last time I ran there, I ended up in the "bad" part of town without really realizing it.  I mean, it seemed a bit sketchy, but it was daylight and only one man drunkenly leered at me.  I figured that's par for the course in a big city.  Anyway, this time I'm determined to figure out a nice route in JC (mapmyrun.com, I'm comin' for you). 

Despite the heat and humidity that just won't go away, I've been good about getting my training runs in this week.  Monday, I went for 4.73 around the lake.  Tuesday was my off day - and dinner at Not Your Average Joe's with friends.  Wednesday, I took my new toy out for a spin (more on my new gadget next week!)...4 x 1.25mi, a total of 5.  And today, I took off for a sweaty, sunny lunchtime run of 4.23mi.  So about 14mi for the week so far.  I plan to run another 5 or so while in JC on Saturday.  Sunday, I'll be resting (and riding a bus for 5hrs) to gear up for Monday's 15miler!  Labor Day and the Cape Ann 25K are coming sooooooon! 

Enjoy your weekend, readers and friends!  Check back next week for pics from JC and NYC, a recap of my 15miler, and to find out about my new running gadget!

No comments: