Thursday, October 4, 2012

labels

I thought I'd start labeling my posts.  I've been curious as to why people would find and read this blog if they didn't already know me.  I've noticed a few readers from places such as Germany, Mexico, Russia, and more.  Perhaps my friends are just well traveled, or perhaps I have readers whom I have never met!  (That's kind of exciting!)  If that's you, allow me to introduce myself - I'm Angela and I'm a runner.

I was not always labeled a runner.  If you've been reading this blog for any length of time, you know that to be true.  I've been labeled any number of awful things in the past, but have recently been labeled some positive things:  a runner, in-shape, funny, pretty, crazy, pretty crazy (mainly due to this coming weekend), among other things.  It's hard to have the positive labels stick.  It's so much easier, for me anyway, to believe the bad ones.  The labels that tell me I am not all of these good things, rather I am the opposite of those things.

I put my foot down and will not believe that I am the opposite of the good things.  The labels that I stick myself with (or allow others to stick me with) will be the good things about me.  I fully embrace the "pretty crazy" label...in my book, that's a good thing.  :) 

Have you ever been labeled something?  Good or bad?  Are you also thinking about the Wemmicks?!

2 comments:

Becky said...

The next thing you need is one of those widgits that allows us to follow/ click on the label we are most interested in.... :)

John said...

Definately crazy, but I like it!