Monday, November 19, 2012

proud

I love my friends!  When I see my friends succeed at something, I get really excited.  And proud.  I think, "That guy/gal right there? Yep, that's my friend."  Over the past few months, I've been really proud of some of my friends:
  • JM did a triathlon and loved it.
  • Jocelyn ran her second half marathon and crushed her PR.
  • Brenda also ran her second half marathon and PR'ed (and let me run with her the whole way).
  • Brian just ran Philly and PR'ed by over 15min!
  • Meghan ran a race she didn't think she was ready for, did it anyway, and had fun doing it (she even blogged about it!).
  • John absolutely smashed his marathon PR at Philly yesterday and qualified for Boston - by 2 minutes!!!!!
  • Corri ran a 10K, her second race but the first time she ran the whole way and didn't stop to walk.
  • Karyn is back to running after having a baby and will run her first race back on Thursday.
  • Nearly half of my Life Community group from church is running the Feaster Five this Thanksgiving - and many of them would not consider themselves runners!
I am so proud of all of these friends.  They set goals and worked hard to achieve them.  Congratulations, you guys.  Great work!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks, friend! I'm proud of you, too! And I wouldn't have signed up for this one without your encouragement that I could probably haul it out!