Thursday, May 1, 2014

evolution of a half marathon

Your Race Photos are Ready for Viewing! said the email subject line. I'm always half excited, half nervous to open those emails. I try to smile for the camera, but inevitably it turns out as a grimace. Sometimes I miss the camera altogether and I end up with a lot of concerned-face photos.

In addition to looking at your race photos for a limited amount of time, one also has the option to purchase them - for the bargain price of at least $35 per photo. I have only purchased one - crossing the finish line at my very first marathon in Chicago. The others have never been worth a good chunk of change.

This past half marathon, they were offering free HD downloads of the race photos so you could print your own copies. Awesome! Thanks, Twin Lights Half Marathon race directors! I received my email (subject line above) today and was pleased with some of the results, not so much with others. And since the downloads were free, I got a bunch. And am happy to walk through the experience with you below. I present the evolution of a half marathon in pictures, with thought captions.

mile 2 - I see you, camera man!
mile 5 - Downhill is the worst. Wait, I have to go back up that hill? Uphill is the worst.
mile 9 - I just passed a whole buncha people. I'm planning to pass a bunch more.

mile 11.5 - so cold, so wet. so cold and wet.
mile 13.1 - wahoo!!!!!!!

No comments: