Saturday, October 11, 2014

10+3.1+6.8

Remember a couple of posts ago when I mentioned I'm due for a rainy race? Yep, happened today! But that's cool, because I got to run with more friends, fun even in the rain!! The Freedom 5K took place this morning at the lake, and despite the cool temps and steady precipitation, there was a good crowd that came out to support what Route One Ministry is doing in the Greater Boston area.

Here are (most) of the Grace Chapel runners: Ryan, Jared - recognize him from Smuttynose?, me, Sarah and Josh. Not pictured: Robert and Beatriz.


This 5K was not the only running I did today - I don't typically run only 3mi with a Camelbak. I started the morning by leaving the house at 8am, getting in a full 10mi before getting to the race. Sarah and I ran the whole thing together, that was super fun. :) After the race, I hung out long enough to tell these guys, "Good job, that was fun!" before heading out for another 7mi.

Today marks 22days until NYC and it was now or never for these 20mi. I wasn't excited about doing it in the rain (and 45deg temps) but I figured if Nov 2nd is rainy, it's good practice. Despite the rain, I was stoked to get the mileage in - and to feel good nearly the whole time! I started feeling rough around mile 19, nearly at the finish. And it wasn't even like a wall, it was just that I'm-getting-hungry-and-am-starting-to-not-feel-my-legs type of rough. 

After such a good looooong run, I'm feeling more ready than ever for New York. I seriously cannot wait - and you might not read about much else these next three weeks. My apologies in advance. :)

No comments: