Thursday, October 30, 2014

countdown to nyc #5

One of the things I like about marathoning the most is seeing so much of a city/place. There are things one sees on a marathon course they may never get to or notice while traveling by car. (There was even a section of Kalamazoo I had never been in prior to that marathon and I lived there for 21 years!)

Now, I've been to NYC a few times - my dear friends, the Burtons, live there - but there are a LOT of little nooks and crannies of the city I have never seen or likely would never see if not for running the marathon. And in just one day, a few hours, I'll have been through all five boroughs. That's pretty cool, I think.

Today's picture is the course map. (So if you're following my progress - see picture number 3 - you'll know just where I am!) The blue numbers are miles, the white numbers are kilometers. Up until mile 8, we are split up into three groups - blue, green, and orange. I'm in the orange group (on the upper level of the Verrazano Bridge).


No comments: