Friday, October 3, 2014

the ho-hums

The past few days in the Boston area have been grey. We've had rain, cool temps, and cloudy skies. Any my attitude has been much like the weather. Dull, unmotivated, blah. I've got a case of the ho-hums and I just can't shake it.

I've been feeling less than motivated to do any kind of working out, let alone go for a run. I've just got no pickup, no drive, no mo-jo! Monday I worked my way through a T25 with a coworker, Tuesday was actually quite fun - zumba with a friend. And Wednesday, I modified the entire T25 speed workout - with the thought that I'd run 6-8mi in the evening. Well, in the evening it was raining, so I talked myself into folding laundry and watching Netflix...I'm such a pushover.

Last night, I knew I needed to run even if I didn't want to, even if I had to drag myself out there. Which I did. And I pushed myself farther and faster than I wanted to go (6mi at an 8:55pace). I'm glad I did it, but man, it was a bit of a battle.

I'm hoping with a break in the weather will come a break in my mood. Sunday is the Smuttynose Half Marathon - and (hopefully) a sunshine-y day. I am considering tacking on 7mi later in the day to get a daily total of 20...but we'll see what my motivation is like that day!

For now, it's back to work. Ho-hum...at least it's Friday.

No comments: