Monday, April 21, 2008

allow me to muse

I've been thinking about spring a lot lately. Which should not be surprising as that is the season we are in right now! I love spring. I love that it brings tulips and daffodils. I love that it brings sunshiny days. I love that there are buds on the trees. I see all sorts of colors; purples, reds, pinks, yellows and greens. I love that after spring comes summer!!

Another reason I love spring so much is because it reminds me of how much God loves us. In the winter when every thing is brown and dead it's easy to lose sight of the hope we have in Christ (at least it is for me...), I hate winter. But when spring comes and everything is new again, my hope in the glory of Jesus is refreshed and renewed! We are alive in Him! Just like the new buds on the trees and the flowers sprouting out of the ground, we are being made new each year...and each day!

One of my favorite verses is Lamentations 3:22-23, "...for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness." Though it seems like all winter things are never going to look up again, it's cold and dark and dreary...along comes spring and reminds us that God does not fail us. Not ever. His compassions and mercies are new every morning and his faithfulness to us is great...so great!

These are just some of the thoughts that have rambled through my head as I've been going on my runs the past couple of days. Thanks for reading my musings. Oh yeah...since this is about my running, I did 3.5 miles today. :)

No comments: