Thursday, June 26, 2008

there's no running in trinidad

Okay, I admit it: I didn't run at all this week. Not once. I haven't run since the race last Saturday. Ugh...that kills me to say!!! I have had approximately 2.5hrs of free time since Saturday. Well, obviously, that is an exaggeration...but not by much, I assure you.

What is taking up my time you ask? Trinidad, Mexico, Trinidad, new baby (Kevin and Becky's!), Trinidad, Middle School... You get the idea. :)

Tomorrow morning a group of 27, kids and leaders will be traveling to Trinidad to spend a week running a vacation bible school, doing some construction, visiting churches and spending time with Grace Chapel's ministry partners, TTUM. It is a very exciting experience and I can't wait to share it with this group of girls that I have been investing in these past three years. A definite highlight of working with middle schoolers! ;)

So I will not get any running in while I'm there, that is one certainty! But things at work and hopefully in life will slow down enough so I can kick my butt into high gear!! That is until I go to one of my very favorite places for a week...Camp Berea. Although, I don't have much of an excuse, I can do some pretty sweet hills on a nice short easy 3miles while I'm there...we'll just have to see how that goes.

Well, I'm signing off for a week! Prayers for safety, fun, health and an effective voice for the cause of Christ would be greatly appreciated!

1 comment:

Mark said...

I hope you have a nice time on the trip.