Monday, August 18, 2008

2 months later...

Finally. I've gotten off my bum and gotten the drive to start running again. This summer has been so busy that it's been hard to find some down time. And when I have found that down time, I've been not running, but simply relaxing!

I don't know about you but I have been glued to watching the Olympics! I've stayed up late and cheered on the gymnastics team, the beach volleyball teams (a personal fav!), the swimmers, divers...pretty much whatever has been on, I've watched. One thing that totally stood out to me this weekend was watching the women's marathon. Who ever thinks watching people run for over 2hrs is a waste of time, I really don't care. It was amazing to see the endurance of these women. The woman who won was 38 years old! That is awesome. I want to be able to run a 5K when I'm 38, let alone a marathon in 2:33!!!

Well, watching them was what made me wish that I had been running all summer and how much I missed it. Yeah, I'm probably crazy for missing something like running but honestly, I have! So yesterday was an amazing day...and I got out and attempted the lake loop (4mi). I obviously didn't run it all, but I got in a good 2mi.

It felt really good to be out. It really made me regret that I hadn't done it all summer... But I'm back and ready to get out there again. Hooray. :)

No comments: