Tuesday, February 17, 2009

living up to it's name

I realize it's been quite some time since my last post.  But I want you all to know that doesn't mean I haven't been training!  Quite the opposite.  I've been working very hard at getting my mileage up for some weeks over 20.  Wahoo!

I have made some pretty big goals for myself and I am going to do whatever it takes to reach them.  Last week, I registered for two big races.  The Boston Run to Remember on May 24th.  This is a half marathon (13.1 miles) through parts of downtown Boston and along the Cambridge side of the Charles River.  It is a really fun race that I did a couple of years ago.  

While I'm excited about that race, I will be using that as a launching run for some serious training as I have signed up to run the Chicago Marathon on Oct 11th.  There is really no going back now that I've registered!  I am nervous and excited and scouring the internet for training tips and schedules and any kind of info I can get my hands on.  The best part about this marathon is that I have two really good friends running it as well.  It's close to my family so my parents will be able to come down to see the finish...  It's going to be such a fun weekend!  I can honestly say, I think even the running will be fun.  :)  I'm a glutton for punishment, I suppose.  

So, there you go.  I'm finally going to live up to my blog name!  Training-wise, I'm up to 5miles at the gym (which seriously is getting SO boring and I really can't wait for spring....) and this weekend will be my 6mile run outside.  Saturday is looking to be a perfect day for it, 40 and sunny.  Just right.  

No comments: