Tuesday, February 24, 2009

luck o' the irish

I got another 5mi in at the gym last night.  That's about all I can do on the treadmill.  It's getting increasingly boring to run inside but until it gets a bit warmer and lighter outside, I'm afraid I'm stuck.

I've got another race scheduled.  This one is in South Boston on St. Patrick's Day.  Which should be VERY interesting.  For those of you who don't know, Southie is a very Irish neighborhood and they take St. Paddy's day very seriously.  The race is scheduled right before the parade and I believe it is on the same route.  Again...this should be interesting!!  It's a 5K (3.1mi) so it should be a fast easy course.  I'm hoping for under 30min for this race...we'll see if the luck o' the Irish is with me...  

This Saturday I'm hoping to get a 7miler in.  It works out that if I just run to the lake, around it twice then head home, that is 7mi.  Perfect.  Now to check the weather...  Daylight Savings is coming soon and that will help with getting outside after work for a run.  In fact, next Tuesday, I'm thinking of joining a group from the running store in Lexington for their group run.  They do it every Tuesday and go for a 3-6mi loop in the neighborhood.  Should be fun and a great way to meet new runners and hopefully get some good training tips.  :)

Hoping for another three tonight after hanging out with Andy and Dawn after work.  

1 comment:

By George said...

I've begun running again too....you don't want to know the conditions here tho...let's just say on Wednesday I was schweating big time. Does Atlanta have a marathon?