Monday, December 28, 2009

a week off never hurt anyone

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, friends! It has been a very busy time for me and I've got to be honest, I pushed training to the back burner. It's been 10 days since my last run. Doh!

I was asked to be involved with the Christmas Eve service drama here at church and with rehearsals (4) and services (5), time was short. Add to that working full time and having a really rough week at work...I just didn't get the miles in.

I figure, last spring while training for the marathon, I had to take an entire month off to heal my ITBand. I will be fine with having a week (okay, more than a week...) off while training for a half. Honestly, I feel like there's no distance less than a marathon I can't complete right now. I suppose running 26.2mi puts that idea in my head...

Well, not to worry, I will be back in action from now until Feb 28th when some friends and I will participate in the Hyannis Half Marathon! And just so I don't get lazy after that...I will also continue training to run the New Bedford Half Marathon on March 21st. :) I'm a glutton for half marathons, I tell you. I'm wondering how many I can run this year... Stay tuned.

1 comment:

By George said...

Merry Christmas Angela!! Hope your shin splints heal quickly (I saw your FB post)