Monday, January 25, 2010

new shoes work wonders

It's kind of amazing how running on old shoes can make you feel about 40yrs older than you really are. My old kicks were coming down to the end of their life...I knew this. I was just trying to get as much use out of them as I could because, dog-gone-it, shoes are expensive! It is for this that I paid the price by developing shin splints. Which you have read about in the last, oh, 5 posts or so and I will not bore you with the details about them any longer.

Last week I got my new runners out of the box, knowing that, seriously, I need to retire my previous pair. They are shiny, white, pink and silver. I love them! It's always an exciting day to put on a new pair of running shoes. They fit nice and snug in just the right places. They have lots of cushion in the sole. They make you WANT to put them on and go for a run!

The new shoes started getting broken in on Friday after a day of 30min on the elliptical and 30min run/walking on the treadmill. They were further broken in after a 9mi run outside on Saturday. It's hard to keep your new shoes pretty when it's wet, muddy and salty...oh well.

Did you notice I got my long run in? It's because the shin splints are gone. Because I got out the new shoes. Because I retired my old ones. A new pair of shoes really does work wonders...

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

told you!

Katrina said...

Yay for new shoes!!!