Thursday, January 21, 2010

demoted

No, not at work. But at the gym. I've been very bad and haven't let my leg heal. I've tried running thru the pain and I gotta tell ya, it's just not worth it. So, I've demoted myself to the elliptical machine at the gym. I haven't used it yet...but I will tonight. Hopefully I can get a solid hour in tonight. I won't have much time to get a good workout in tomorrow (prob only half an hour or so) so I've really gotta make it count when I can get there!

Here's what I've been up to since the last post:
Jan 15th - 5miles. This run was done around 7am around Lake Quannapowitt. The sun was coming up over the lake and breaking thru some clouds...it was gorgeous!! My leg was sore but there was no shooting pain, just a dull ache. Thought I was okay...
Jan 15-17 - Middle School Retreat at Camp Berea!! No running done on this weekend. I did go snowshoeing, however. It was my first time...such fun! Loved hanging out with my girls. I love them.
Jan 18th - 6.2miles. After not running all weekend I felt like I could do a nice long run. There was a crazy snow storm happening outside so this was done on the treadmill at the gym. I'm impressed that I lasted that long... I hate the treadmill!!! My motivation was the Wicked soundtrack. Good stuff. Leg felt stiff but again, no shooting pain.
Jan 19th - 2.5miles. My goal was 3 or so but the pain was SO bad in my leg that I had to shut the machine off and call it quits. It was bad.
Jan 20th - nada. Did not even go to the gym. For the record, I wanted to but had promised my friend that we'd go out for drinks...and after a margarita and chips and salsa, who wants to go to the gym?! :) Not me.
Today - as I mentioned before, I'll try to get some good time in on the elliptical.

Hoping and praying these days off from running, with the icing and ibuprofen-ing, will heal my leg.

2 comments:

Bridges said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bridges said...

Okay... so as a friend of a friend of a friend it's a bit random for me to respond, but the name of your blog caught my eye. You might want to check out the book "Born to Run" if you haven't already. The author struggled with running injuries and documents his research into ways to avoid them. He's a bit biased in presenting his results, but it's an interesting read in any case.

I hope that you heal quickly! I struggled with lower back pain, tendonitis in both knees, and plantar fasciitis... the latter forced me to take three months off from running. It's sooo miserable to suffer through injury like you are now. Good luck...