Tuesday, February 9, 2010

3 hrs of sleep

This past weekend was our High School Winter Retreat! It was awesome and sooooo much fun. I went up early on Friday to help get everything organized and set up. And once the kids arrived off the buses there was a crazy amount of energy and fun in the room...it totally set the right tone for the weekend. The speaker/worship leader was great and the kids really connected well with him. The main theme of the retreat was Standing Firm based on Hebrews 6:19. I believe the kids really got it and took hold of that message and that God was changing lives over the course of the three days.

Now, I am used to going on retreats. I've been on a great number of Middle School retreats and other various ones for adults. However, a High School retreat is unlike any other in regards to "lights out." Saturday night, especially! I had to leave the retreat early Sunday morning in order to be back to Grace for Middle School as the parents were joining us. So, I went to bed "early" around 1am. The 5 girls in my room, however, stayed up until 3:30 chatting with friends in the common area. Being the person that I am, I couldn't fully fall asleep until all my girls had come back and they were in bed. Therefore, I didn't fall asleep until 3:30am. And my alarm went off at 6:30am. It was rough getting up and driving 2hrs back to Grace. In fact one person said to me, "Ang, are you okay? You look awful!" Gee, thanks.

All this to say, I did not get my longest run in this past weekend. I needed to get 12 in and it just didn't happen. So, tonight the plans I have include going for a 12miler, shower, dinner and LOST. Sounds like a great night to me...

Just two weeks from Saturday is the half marathon! I am getting very excited to run with lots of other people again. I haven't done a race since the beginning on November...it's been quite a while. It will be so fun to have lots of friends there too. Can't wait!!

No comments: