Friday, March 19, 2010

the other way around

I was wrong in my last post. I am not the one who is inspiring...you are!! All of you who have decided to make a change in lifestyle to include getting active and participating in challenges and setting goals...you are MY inspiration!

I thought of this last night as I was getting through my mid-week 7miler (which will be a staple run throughout marathon training). I was around mile 4 when I realized how I'd gotten it wrong. When I feel as though I can run another step, I'll think of one of my friends who's taken up the sport. Who will push themselves to accomplish their first 5K, 10K or half marathon. I see the runner coming towards me on the path and think, okay, I'll just get past this person...then I'll see another person that I don't want to quit in front of. I get to the last mile and push it as hard as I can while thinking about Lauren pushing me through the half marathon (because I wouldn't have done so well if she hadn't been right there behind me!).

And that is what gets me through the tough runs. I don't want to let you down! If you can do it, certainly I can too!

Of course this revelation led to 3 miles of the song by Chicago, not the whole thing, just the two or three lines from the chorus. It was a long 3 miles. :)

YOU'RE THE INSPIRATION (Chicago)

You should know, everywhere I go
You're always on my mind,
in my heart In my soul

You're the meaning in my life
You're the inspiration
You bring feeling to my life
You're the inspiration
Wanna have you near me
I wanna have you hear me sayin'
No one needs you more than I need you

Thank you, dear friends, fellow runners and readers, for being MY inspiration.

No comments: