That being said, I've still gotten some great mileage in. After my last post I had two 33mi weeks (!), a week off for my "mission trip" (leading VBS at my home church), and I am currently posting 23 miles this week. I've got a long run on the docket for tomorrow...here's hoping I reach 13!!! :)
With all the heat/humidity, I've needed to beat it. So, I've been getting up earlier...the alarm goes off at 5am. I snooze until 5:30am, grab a banana and some water, head out the door by 6am. With this routine I can get up to 9miles in before it's essential that I get back to get ready for work! Now, if you know me, you know I like my snooze button! I am not, nor have I EVER been, the kind to bound out of bed when the alarm goes off. I like to take my time to get up. Let my body adjust to the early hour. Buuuuut, it's working for me so far...I will try to keep this up, however I will probably NEVER been the kind to bound out of bed. It's just not in my nature.
All this said, I found that I enjoy running in the morning! Wait, what? Who am I?! I like that there aren't as many people out and about. I like that it's still somewhat cool. I like that I have the rest of the day to spend with people (after work, of course). I like that I have a little more self control when it comes to eating b/c I don't want to negate my morning work out by eating all kinds of junk. I like that I get to go to bed earlier (also, if you know me, you know going to bed is praaaabably my favorite part of the day...).
A couple of race/run recaps and an update on Maine Marathon:
- I ran with my friend to her first 5K finish and she did great! It was about 80deg.
- I ran with another friend to her first sub-10min/mile 5K! It was about 85deg.
- I ran a 5K in 85deg/ 85% humidity in full sunlight....at 9am.
- I attempted a 12miler and only got to 7 due to it being 85deg and 87% humidity at 8am.
- My friend and I spent last weekend in Maine where we drove to Portland, did a loop around Back Cove (3.5mi) at 12pm in full sunlight (big mistake...I nearly passed out at one point) then drove the Marathon course!!!!!!!
- I am SO excited for Oct 3rd!!!