Friday, September 24, 2010

ellipti-GO!

I've heard of this but never seen one in person...until last night! The Ellipti-GO machine is an elliptical machine on wheels! No more need to go to the gym or to stay inside to get an elliptical workout, just get an Ellipti-go!

For the record, I'm not interested in getting one and I only use the elliptical machine at the gym when I'm injured and can't run. I hate the elliptical. It makes my feet go numb...weird, I know.

Just one more week till Portland! I cannot wait to get on this course...the leaves are changing at a rapid pace and I'm thinking it will be absolutely gorgeous the day we're racing through the country side just outside the city.

Also, I decided to add another race to my list this fall (since I'm only doing a half next week), I signed up to do the Tufts Health Plan 10K for Women. I've heard a lot about this race for years, saw so many women wearing the tshirts...and figured now was as good a time as any. One wrinkle: It's the day after our high school fall retreat. If last winter's retreat is any indication, I will be utterly exhausted. Hey, just another challenge, right?!

So, if you've got the day off on Columbus Day (10.11.10) and you're in the Boston area, c'mon down to the city and cheer on the thousands of women running this race!

Nothing new to report in the training dept. The IT Band is still sensitive but getting better. I can run many miles with no pain (just last night my friend and I did 5). I'm shooting for 10 tomorrow and we'll see how it goes.

No comments: