Tuesday, September 21, 2010

a random recap

Just a post to keep you updated: I got a long run in this weekend, 9.5mi. I was going to try for 12 but knew I didn't have it in me after a rough week. So I decided to scale back to 10. Once I did my lake loop (6mi) I thought, "Hmmm, it'd be fun to mix it up and tack my hill loop on to this!" So that's what I did. Saving two giant hills for 2/3s into my run.

For the most part, it was great! I had some moments of discomfort around the normal times (1.5mi, 4mi) then at about 7, I was in some serious pain...about a mile from home and not sure if I could (or should!) continue! I pressed on since I was on a downhill and that's when the pain typically comes in full force. Sure enough once I was back on the uphill, the pain went away. Although, I have to admit, I was nearly spent and did walk a short portion of the uphill...

I made it home with not too much more pain (mostly just discomfort) and lived to run another day. Which turned out to be yesterday.

UUUUUUGH. That pretty much sums up yesterday's run. For some reason I was feeling...off...yesterday. Not sure why I felt like this, but I knew that I wanted to get a run in. Did my 6.6mi loop (minus .3mi). Now, tell me this....how does a 20mph wind blow at me when I'm running in different directions?! Not only was the wind out of control, I also felt like I was either going to die or throw up at mile 3. Thankfully I did neither, but pressed on. I finished, but it was ugly. Still under 10min/mile so I suppose it wasn't too horrible.

Today is officially the last day of summer: I will celebrate with a run with two friends along the Charles River. DEEEEE-lightful.

No comments: