Friday, December 10, 2010

baby it's cold outside

Today's high was reported to be 30deg.  A temp for which I brought appropriate gear.  Unfortunately, at the current time, 11am - when I was planning to go out for a quick 4mi on my lunch break, it is a mere 17deg.  I just didn't bring the right stuff for that.  I am totally bummed.

Change of plans...I'm hoping to get out a bit early today (gotta check with the boss-man) and might have time to get a few miles in at the gym before heading into the city for dinner with friends. 

Maybe next time the weather guys will get the right forecast...people depend on it.  

2 comments:

Andrew and Christy Johnson said...

Training is going alright. I'm only in week seven...coming up on my first big weekend: an 8-miler followed by a 10. Any tips?

I always ran outside in Michigan, but Chicago is frickin' freezing so I'm inside most days, which stinks.

Unknown said...

It's so hard to find the motivation to run when it's so cold, but the thought of running more than 6mi on a treadmill is even worse so I usually suck it up and pile on the gear.

So, you're up to 8 miles! That's awesome!!! My only tips would be eat well for breakfast, go #2 (I'm not kidding!) and keep reminding yourself how far you're going to go.

Each new distance is hard but once you break thru it, you get a rush of, "ok, I did that, I can do this next distance!" Running legitimately 80% mental.

You Can Do IT!!! Also, lemme know how it goes! :)