Tuesday, December 21, 2010

christmas week is here!

Official training has begun!  How anticlimactic that it began with a day off...  Yesterday was supposed to be 4miles, however, I was thwarted by a snow storm that dumped a whopping 2inches on the Boston area.  Unfortunately, it was a very timely 2in coming at rush hour.  Therefore it took me 1hr and 40min to get home...it usually takes me 20min on a Monday.  If it was a normal Monday, I could have made it home, gotten my 4mi in and still had time to get ready for the evening plans.  However...mother nature (and Boston drivers) made that impossible.

So Day 2 of training also happened to be a day off.  I spent it instead going out to dinner with some very dear friends.  We tried a new place in downtown Reading called Grumpy Doyle's.  It was great!  We loved the appetizers and loved the desserts more.  If you're in the Reading area, this place is a must try.  Great bar area to watch sporting events and enjoy an adult beverage, as well.  ;)

And that brings us to Day 3.  I was planning to run at lunch time however I remembered that I offered to help stuff 6000 candles into drip protectors at lunch time.  Not to worry, I have exactly 2hrs between work and rehearsal for the Christmas services to get a good 6miler in.  And that's just what I plan to do.  Come snow, wind or any combination of the two. 

Speaking of Christmas services, if you are in the area of Lexington stop by Grace Chapel for one of our candlelight services.  We've got 5 to choose from:  Dec 22 at 7:30pm, Dec 23 at 7:30pm, and Dec 24 at 3pm, 4:30pm and 6pm.  I'll be the snarky one on the platform....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ah, candle stuffing season... it's how you know Christmas is truly imminent.