Wednesday, December 22, 2010

winter run ditty

Last night on my 6.5miler, I battled wind, snow covered sidewalks and ice covered sidewalks.  I had just one moment where I thought I might fall.  And I must say, I felt really great about this run as my splits were negative!  (This means the second half was faster than my first half.)  I'm happy about this because the wind was blowing at my back on the way out as I was descending into Arlington and was blowing against me as I ran a 3.25mi incline back to Lexington.  Who's beast?!  Me.

Anywho, as I was jaunting along, I had the song Jingle Bells in my head.  I'm not sure why but this has been *the* song that has gotten stuck in my head the past 3wks or so while running.  Maybe it's be cause I've been "dashing through the snow"...  Well, last night I decided to change the lyrics to suit me.  Below is what I came up with.  Sung to the tune of "Jingle Bells", obviously....

Dashing through the slush
in my Asics running shoes
'Ore the ice I rush
my balance I must use

A reflective vest I wear
'Cause safety is my goal
the cars and trucks with me must bear
they'll stop for me I'm told (yeah, right!)

Oh, Winter Runs, Winter Runs
how I love you so
Through the snow and slush and ice
bun-dled from head to toe!

No comments: