Thursday, March 31, 2011

a dream, a possibility?

I had a dream a few weeks back about my performance at the Kalamazoo Marathon.  In my dream, I ran a 4:38 marathon.  I pictured where I would be running, since I grew up in Kzoo, I have a pretty good notion of what it will look like.  I pictured my family being there to cheer me on.  I pictured the finish and distinctly remember seeing my time as I crossed the line.  This was a bit odd for me because a. I don't usually remember my dreams and b. running a 4:38 would take nearly 30min off my previous marathon time.  Granted I'm in better shape than I was for Chicago...but Chicago was flat.  Kalamazoo is not.  And just in reality, a 30min time difference is HUGE.  If anything it got me excited and nervous for May 8th.  Maybe more nerves than excitement at this point...but I know that in the coming month I will be waffling between the two on a daily basis, perhaps even an hourly basis. 

Training is going really well.  I feel strong, I feel confident, I feel like I am building good endurance.  My recent 10mi long run was under 10min miles, that's good for me!  My next 20miler is coming up this weekend.  I've had to do some shifting around of my schedule due to SNOW.  Yes, you read that right.  We're supposed to get a Nor'Easter tomorrow with the winds and cold lingering into Saturday.  Since Sunday's forecast seems to be 100% nicer, I'll take advantage of that and run on Sunday morning instead of Saturday.  That means a day to sleep in!  Wahoo! 

This week has been a good one.  Monday, the bf and I took a nice little stroll around Lexington Center after work, nearly 2mi.  Tuesday, two friends and I hit the bike path and racked up just over 4mi.  Yesterday, I nearly got a PR on a 6.6mi loop I like to do in my neighborhood, just 30sec shy.  I'm looking forward to catching up with a friend at the gym this evening and heading back to the gym for date night with the bf tomorrow night.  Date night obviously includes the gym when you date a personal trainer.  :)

No comments: