Monday, April 25, 2011

good friday, rainy saturday, easter sunday

And that, folks, was my weekend.  No run on Friday as I stayed at work to volunteer my services for serving communion at our Good Friday service.  I did get a quick (quick in terms of short, not in terms of speed) walk in with the dog I was pet-sitting.  She walks soooooo sloooooow! 

Saturday was rainy and cold.  And quite honestly, I just didn't want to leave the warm house....so I didn't.  I read.  And read and read and read.  :)  It was wonderful.  I had numerous cups of tea and lounged around the house.  Finally, I realized I needed to take the dog for a walk, it had stopped rainy and was merely misting.  Again with the slow meander around the block.  (It's almost painful...) 

Easter Sunday was a beautiful day!  I awoke to a gorgeous blue sky and 70deg temps.  My friend and I made our way to the PACKED out service at Grace (it was wonderful!) then headed over to my boss's house for lunch.  There we had great conversation, a delicious lunch and an egg hunt!  Too fun.  I now have enough candy to last me through the summer. 

It was not a weekend filled with running/training.  Instead a weekend filled with reflecting on God's sacrifice and my response to it as well as joyously celebrating His resurrection with my church family and good friends. 

Today, since it is again raining, will be a long night at the gym.  I would run outside if it's just misting...but I have to get in about 12miles or the equivalent...and I'm just not up for being cold and wet for two hours unless I have to (ie, the Hyannis Half on Feb 27th).  I will instead spend an hour on the treadmill and an hour on the elliptical.  I'm currently finding some sermons and new music to download...

No comments: