Thursday, May 19, 2011

the hardware

I've racked up some pretty awesome medals in the past 4yrs of running races.  Some are pretty stinkin' sweet and some are pretty dumb...but hey, a medal is a medal.

So I've kept them all (and all my bibs too...I'm a geek, sue me) and thought it was time to show them off to you.

Here's a pic of all my 5K, 10K, Half Marathons and a 25K race hardware:


See that little green shamrock in the front?  That one and the oval one just above it are my two least favorite...but like I said, a medal is a medal.  Even if it's made of rubber like the shamrock...

There are 5 half marathon medals: 2 for Hyannis, 1 for Kentucky, 1 for Maine and 1 for Boston.  

The 5K for Life (red ribbon) is also a key chain.  Double Duty!

And finally, the one in the middle on the right is for my first and only 25K around Cape Ann.

Below are the medals that I am the most proud of...they are from my 2 marathons, obviously!  I have to admit that Chicago's is cooler, but Kalamazoo holds a special place in my heart, and it was the very first one (it says that on the medal!).  So I love them both equally.  :)


What medal do you like best?  Have you ever received a medal?  What for and what does it look like?  Hopefully it's not made of rubber...  

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

When we did the CPC den Haag 10k in March we got these big faux gold medals that make me feel like I was in the Olympics or something. To be honest I was on the fence about keeping it. I am proud of what it symbolizes, but not sure what exactly to do with it. (Except for wear it to the hardware party you are obviously destined to host?) It went in a drawer.