Friday, June 3, 2011

sunday, sunday, sunday (of last week...)

This was written last week...  I've since completed the half with a time of 2:13:45.

It's been three weeks since Kalamazoo.  And I can count the number of times I've gone for a run on one hand.  It's not that I don't want to run anymore or that I'm done now that I've completed two marathons...It's that I need to just not run for a while.  First I blamed it on letting my body heal, and now it's just that I haven't felt like it.

It's like if you absolutely LOVE tacos and you eat them everyday (at least 5x a week) for six months.  Then you eat them for an entire day, that's all you can eat, you are going to be sick of them and not want tacos for a while.  Right?  Well, that's how I feel about running right now.

However, that needs to change because this Sunday is Boston's Run to Remember.  A half marathon through the streets of Boston and Cambridge.  This was the very first half marathon I ever did back in 2007.  I'm excited to run it again and I'm excited to do so with friends.  I'm hoping that I can run well even though I haven't really been training well...

Part of me thinks it will be cake; another part of me thinks it will be hard...

No comments: