Friday, June 3, 2011

it's the in-between

My checklist for the spring:  Run a full marathon - Check!  Run a half marathon three weeks later - Check!  Run sporadically until you have to start training for a fall full marathon - Double Check!

I'm just not consistent these days.  5 miles here, 3 miles there.  That mindset will soon have to change.  Training officially begins for Newport on June 12th.  Whaaaaa?!  That's only a week away.  But it's also only 18 weeks away from October 16th!!  (If that doesn't make the summer feel short....)

For now, just one week to revel in the in-between and sporadically run miles.  Whatever miles I want.  It feels good.  I think today I'll run three.  And tomorrow I'll run six.  Yeah, that sounds good.

1 comment:

Carol Hochhalter said...

rest, dear. rest. Congrats on all of your medals and races completed! You are awesome!