Thursday, October 13, 2011

days like these...

It's a gloomy day here in the Northeast.  Temps are struggling to get past 60, the clouds are low and grey.  And it's wet.  It's been rainy off and on today.  Days like these make me want to put on my cozy clothes, make pots and pots of tea, curl up on my couch with blankets and a good book. 

I was hoping to get 6mi in this morning before work but when my alarm went off at 5:30am and I heard the rain outside my window there was no way I was getting out of bed.

And now, it's almost time to go home, almost time to meet my friends for a walk around the lake.  And this is what it looks like outside my window:

Perhaps you can't tell but it's wet, cold and the likelihood of getting rained on is 30-40%.  I suppose walking with friends will make it worth it.  And getting dinner together afterwards is definitely something to look forward to.  I'll try to make the best of it...(said in an Eeyore voice). 

No comments: