Wednesday, October 12, 2011

down but not out

This summer was tough.  I was supposed to be training for the Newport Marathon (this Sunday!).  Instead, I was healing from a broken heart and rejection from a job opportunity.  That's right, I was sad.  I just didn't feel like running.  So I took more breaks and ran less long runs than I should have...  I was feeling sorry for myself and took that out on, well, myself.

But the good news is that I'm healing.  I'm still running and am enjoying it again.  In fact, I'll still be running in Newport this weekend, but instead of running the full marathon, I'll be running the half.  A much more manageable distance, one I've done 6 times before and am excited to run again.  I won't be alone, a good number of us will be heading down on Saturday evening to eat together and prepare for both the full and half.

I don't want to bore you with all the details of what I worked through this summer...  Let's put it this way:  God is good, all the time.  He is faithful and full of love and mercy.  Even when we don't feel it (or even when we don't necessarily want to feel it).  Healing is hard and takes time, but it happens.  Just as much as hurting happens.  Sometimes more.

So, dear readers, I've picked myself back up and am ready to continue filling you in on the adventures of my marathon journey(s).  Stick with me.  :)

3 comments:

Carol Hochhalter said...

Wish I was close enough for a hug! Love you, and trust that God is leading you and using you each step of the way...

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness you are back on the blog. How am I supposed to get my full dose of running encouragement without you?

Unknown said...

thanks, you two! you're the best! keep reading...there may be a surprise or two coming soon... ;)