Tuesday, October 25, 2011

a seasonable post


Autumn is here!  This past weekend I spent a good deal of time outside enjoying the crisp, fall air.  There is something about the way fall smells that makes it one of my favorite seasons.  Truth be told, there is something about each season that makes me appreciate them.  Fall - apples, pumpkins, the smell of burning leaves, the colors of the leaves, and crispness of the air.  Winter - the very first snowfall, a couple more snowfalls, hot chocolate, curling up under lots of blankets (by the beginning of February, I'm ready for Winter to move along).  Spring - new life popping up all over the place, the smell of freshness and newness, the promise of warm weather and no more snow!  Summer - sun, beach, iced coffee, sundresses, flipflops.

But I digress.  We are in the throes of Autumn and it is glorious.  The leaves are vibrant against a bright blue sky (or grey puffy clouds).  People are out in droves soaking in the last few weeks of nice weather before the snow begins to fly.  I am no exception.  Saturday, I decided that while I wanted to do a long run, I didn't want to force myself into any specific distance - I had just run a half marathon for crying out loud!  So, I set off for a lap around the lake and just kept plugging along around Wakefield until I didn't feel like running any more.  Turns out I got a solid 9.5mi in.  Not too shabby.

Sunday was another nice-enough day.  The sun wasn't shining but it wasn't raining either; and the clouds looked like an upside down bubble bath...they looked really cool.  I didn't have anything better to do, really, so I headed out for a couple of laps around the lake.  I took my time and snapped some pics of Lake Q in the fall (you may remember seeing some from winter and some from summer in previous posts).  They are below.  Enjoy!








there might be a bit of editing in this pic...

No comments: