Sunday, November 27, 2011

the streak continues...

It's now day 7 of the running streak.  In the past six days I have run a total of 23 miles.  Here's the breakdown for those keeping track:

Monday - 5.08
Tuesday - 4.33
Wednesday - 2.16 (I really didn't want to run this day.  I even came here to see if I told you I'd be starting on Monday or on Thursday...)
Thursday - 5 (Feaster Five Road Race!)
Friday - 4.2
Saturday - 2.35
Sunday - TBD

I'm hoping to get a long run in today.  I think getting a leg up in my long runs during pre training will make actual training (beginning in January) much easier!  Speaking of training for Boston...

I am so thankful to everyone who's already donated to the Respite Center!!  If you haven't, please consider doing so by clicking on the helpful little link to the right.  The Respite gets the majority of it's funding from it's runners during the Boston Marathon.  And the center cannot function without your help. Please consider giving.  No amount is too big or too small.

3 comments:

Carol Hochhalter said...

Hi, Angela! I started on Thanksgiving, and my miles are no where near your miles, but I've got 4 days in, and I'm about to head out for day 5 of "at least a mile of running each day." Trying to create a habit, a hobby, a way of life!

Peace to you... and no more Mountain Dew!!

Unknown said...

Great job, Carol!! You may even begin to love it... :) Hope you and the fam are doing awesome!
Love you.

Carol Hochhalter said...

It has been a week now, and I think it is finally starting to get a bit easier. I didn't know how it was going to work today, but I had a late afternoon meeting cancelled, so I could get home and run before dark. Running in November/December will certainly make running in April/May seem like a treat!

We are doing well, enjoying the kids, getting ready for Betsy's wedding... the adventure continues!