Tuesday, January 10, 2012

a life routine

My life routine goes like this:  work, eat, run, sleep - repeat.  Occasionally, I'll vary it with hanging out with friends or youth group events, but essentially, that's what I do on a regular basis.  And on the weekends, it's the same, just take out the work aspect.  All this to say, there's not too much happening in my life right now, other than running, working, eating and sleeping. 

In regards to running, here's the latest:  Saturday (1/7) was Long Run Day.  It was beautiful out and I took full advantage - 15.2mi.  Sunday was a rest day.  Monday I found a challenging speedwork treadmill plan and took that to the gym - total mileage:  4.36.

In regards to working:  I really enjoy my job.  Lately, there's been a lot of brainstorming and creative meetings.  With two retreats coming up (on the same weekend - eek!) there has been no shortage of stuff to do.

In regards to eating:  I'm trying to eat better/less.  It's hard.  I love to eat and I love tasty food.  It's part of the reason I started running!  But I hate these 5-10lbs that I want to get rid of!  I have been doing better about not going out to eat so much.  I've been making more meals at home and bringing in leftovers to work so I can save some money/calories by not going out at lunch.

In regards to sleeping:  AHHHHHH.  I love sleeping.  I'm blessed to get about 8-9hrs a night.  :)

And that's my life routine in a nutshell!  What's your routine?

No comments: