Thursday, March 22, 2012

#22268

If you're not able to make it to Boylston St on Marathon Monday, have no fear!  You can still be connected to receive updates on your favorite Boston Marathoner (that's me).  Click on the link HERE and you'll be directed to the BAA website for instructions.  The alert can be sent to your cell phone as a text message or to your email.  You'll need my bib number - it's the title of this post.  #22268. 

I will be in the last wave and in the 5th corral.  What does this mean?  It means I'll be starting dead last...  :)  Well, maybe there'll be a few people behind me.  But my wave won't leave Hopkinton until about 10:45am which means my corral won't leave until after that.  I probably won't start until around 11am or so. 

If you are going to make it to the finish line on April 16th, I would suggest you also sign up for the Athlete Alert.  You'll know when I hit the 30K mark and know that I'll have another 8mi or so to go.  You can get in a position to see me stagger across the finish line. 

Big time training is nearly coming to a close as it's only 25 days away from the marathon. I've got one last long run on Saturday and it's a doozy!  22mi on the course - from Hopkinton to Cleveland Circle.  Big thanks to my good friend, John who has been indispensable during the training this winter.  He'll again drop me off at the start, drive to and park at mile 22 then run towards me, helping me get through the hills one last time.  Not sure how that Monday will go without him! 

I'll find out soon enough, and so will you!  Hope you'll be following my progress on race day!  



1 comment:

Jocelyn said...

Just signed up for text updates!!