Tuesday, April 3, 2012

1 phrase, 2 ways

On Sunday, one phrase got stuck in my mind and I kept repeating it to myself over and over.  It was, "I got this."  There were two ways that it was playing on the tape in my head - here's why:

"I GOT this."  Said to myself as I ran the last 4mi of the Boston course, from the finish line to Cleveland Circle and back.  I felt really strong and fast.  I have loved being able to train on the course and see it all first hand.  I've read a ton of articles and blogs about it, but there is something about running on the course itself that is incredibly confidence boosting.  Especially for me, especially for this marathon.  This phrase has stayed with me over the last few days too.  I just feel ready and excited and full of anticipation.  I cannot wait to share this experience with my friends and with all of you!

"I got THIS!"  Said to myself after the run when John and I popped into Marathon Sports (literally AT the finish line).  I tried to wait patiently while John shopped for running shoes but I drifted back to the BAA official gear and tried on The Jacket.  It is a beautiful thing.  I didn't think I was going to like the color much (you'll see why in the pic posted below) but I actually don't mind it!  It'll be great for winter training as it's lined and wind/water resistant and incredibly bright!  I wanted to run this marathon for many reasons...the jacket might be one of them.  :)


Two things not to forget to sign up for (you can then say, "I got this!"):  If you haven't already, consider donating to The Respite Center.  Just click the box to the left.

Part of what I'm terribly excited about for Marathon Weekend is meeting all those who are a part of the Respite.  They are hosting a BBQ for all the runners and their families on Saturday, the 14th.  I can't wait to see the faces of those who I'm supporting.  A blog will be coming about that, not to worry.  :)

Also, don't forget to sign up for Athlete Alert!  I know you'll want to know where I am along the course throughout the day.  You'll need to know my bib number:  #22268.  Thanks!

No comments: