Wednesday, April 25, 2012

this is what i wanted

Finally heard from the NYRR, the group in charge of the lottery of the New York Marathon.  The verdict?

Marathon registration status: Not accepted 
Entry number: 909459 


How do I feel about this?  Kind of relieved, honestly!  8 days out from Boston, the thought of training for another marathon in November is a bit daunting.  I like that I don't have to worry about another cycle of marathon training for a whole year!

That's not to say that I don't have any races on the horizon.  I have two extremely hilly races planned for the early fall.  One on Labor Day (a 25K that I have run before) and one on October 6th, a half marathon called Applefest.

Until then, a few things will become more frequent:  hill training, strength training and hiking.  (Hiking is just for fun, but really, it can't hurt - unless I fall and break an ankle...)

As for New York?  They can't continue to deny me - I get automatic entry in 2013.  :)

No comments: