Tuesday, May 29, 2012

i *might* be crazy

Who decides to not only run a half marathon a month for a year, but throw in a full marathon in the middle of it?  Me.  I was hoping to run a half in Memphis in December with my good friend, Erika.  However, by the time I made up my mind to actually do it (taking into account the time/cost of travel) the half was sold out.  But the full wasn't.  Soooooo, I figured, why not?!  It seems like a cool course, I've never been to Memphis before so this will be a great way to see the city. 

And it's for a good cause!  I'm running with Team Bales to raise money for St. Jude Children's Research Hospital.  I know what you're thinking...didn't you just raise money by running Boston?!  Why are you asking me for money again?! 

I'm not - only give if you want to...do not feel obligated.  I don't have a minimum that I need to raise, but any support will be helpful to this amazing hospital.  I'll fill you in along the way with more stories about St. Jude's.  But, if you want to know more right now about how to donate, click here.  Maybe you know someone who is benefiting from this hospital.  Maybe this is a cause that is dear to your heart.  Maybe you weren't able to support the Respite Center and you want to do something now.  Maybe you can't give any support.  It's all good! 

So, if you want to call me crazy, go ahead.  But at least I'm being crazy for a really great cause and an excuse to visit a great friend and a new city!  



No comments: