Thursday, May 31, 2012

little of this, little of that

Despite the humidity and warmer temperatures, I've gotten some good runs in this week.  Monday, the day after the half, I decided that 1pm would be a good time to get 5miles in.  Mind you, it was 80deg and full sun.  Meh, it was challenging...I like a good challenge.

Tuesday, I had tickets to the BOS vs DET game at Fenway.  No running this day!  My friend, Bonnie, came along.  I didn't even mind that she cheered for the Tigers.  Boston won, 6-3.  Go Red Sox!


Grandstand seats

Me and Bonnie at Fenway
Wednesday, I got some miles in with a coworker who is training for a marathon.  We ran 4miles on the bikepath in Lexington...crazy humid.  Thank goodness for water fountains. 

This morning I got up early to beat the heat and got a good 6.6mi in around the lake.  'Tis the season to get up at the crack of dawn...  I just need to figure out how to fuel myself if I'm going to be running more than 4mi in the morning.  I read a suggestion of a Gu and a banana.  I'm going to try that next time.  If you get up early to run relatively far, what has worked for you? 


3 comments:

Erin said...

Well I get up before the sun, but coffee is the only fuel I need since I'm not running :)

Unknown said...

mmmmm, coffee. that's my reward when i get home from my run.

Anonymous said...

Oatmeal with chia and raisins, banana, and GU for the run :) Oatmeal can be tough to eat in the summer, but it really sticks with you!