Friday, June 1, 2012

flashback friday #2

This week's picture is from third grade.  I learned how to write in cursive, my teacher was Mr. Onderlinde, we stayed in one classroom all day, and track and field day was really fun.

In elementary school I always looked forward to track and field day.  Mainly because we didn't have classes and got to be outside all day.  And the events weren't really that hard:  arm hang, 70yd dash, water balloon toss.  I mean, it was just an excuse to play.  In third grade no one really cares if you're good at something or not...it's all about having fun.  It was before I started caring about what I wore (as evidenced by my sweater with silver threading!) or what I looked like (as evidenced by the double french braids, thanks Mom!).

Reflecting on things, I really enjoyed third grade.  And I think I was pretty cute, too.  :)  Next week:  Fourth Grade.

In case you missed it:  Flashback Friday #1.

3 comments:

Carol Hochhalter said...

You were VERY cute! I'm on day 5 of another round of "run for 40 days straight", as inspired by YOU! Last time I did at least a mile each day. This time I'm doing at least 1.5 miles a day... nothing compared to your long treks, but I think God is using it to teach me and strengthen me... and maybe even get me into shape! Love you, Angie!

By George said...

Awwww Angela! So stinkin cute! Love this.

Erika said...

Pretty sure I had that sweater! Love it :)