Thursday, July 12, 2012

alone in a sea of people

I never shared this picture with you guys...  I was thinking about the Boston Marathon again (since I walked past the finish line twice in two weeks recently) and remembered seeing this photo on the Huffington Post website.  It's not a site I visit often, but back in April I read every article I could find about the marathon...

When I first saw it, I was really shocked.  I found what appeared to be John (my running buddy/coach/emergency bag carrier) and next to him, sure enough was me!  My recollection of running down Boylston street was very different from what I see in this picture.  In my mind, it was just me and John.  The finish line was in view and the street was all mine.  Then I found this...

AP Photo/Charles Krupa
Good luck finding me!  Hint:  I'm in the upper righthand corner - black capris and pink tank.  John has on a white hat on with a white Tshirt to the left of me. 

It's crazy to me what I remember this being like and what it actually was like!  Our minds can do amazing things; like block out 100 people to make me feel like I was alone. 

2 comments:

Carol Hochhalter said...

Pretty sweet! Funny that you don't remember the other people being there!!

Anonymous said...

Love this post! I always look at pictures and am so surprised that it looks so cramped and crowded. I never felt that way during any of my marathons!
P.S.- So cool that you are in that picture!!