Monday, July 2, 2012

perfect summer weekend

Sometimes you have those weekends that are perfect.  The weather is perfect, what you did was perfect and you just don't want the weekend to end.  Well, this weekend was one of those for me.  There was enough stuff to do and yet, there was time to just relax and enjoy a little quiet, restful time.

You already know that I did a slow, long, really hot run on Saturday morning.  Did I mention it was hot?  Okay.  Good.  After I enjoyed my delicious recovery drink (see last post), I got cleaned up and headed into the city for drinks and apps with two good friends.  One of these friends is moving to Chicago this week.  This week!  Sad days.

Molly (she's moving), me, and Jocelyn
Sunday was a beautiful day.  My absolute FAVORITE thing to do on a beautiful summer day?  Go to the beach.  And that's just what I did.  I skipped out on the first two services at church, opting to go to the evening service instead.  Yesterday was my first beach day of the season and it was so great.  It was super duper hot on the beach so even though the water was fah-reezing, I had to go in multiple times.  So refreshing!  I went alone so you'll have to excuse the self portrait.  :)

alone at my favorite place
After the beach and the evening service at church (which was really, really good - you can listen to it here), I headed over to Jocelyn's house and we took off for a 6mi run.  It was still SO hot!  You can see by the self portrait (you see a theme with these pictures...) how sweaty we were when we got back to the house.  It was crazy hot.  But it felt so great to get a fun run in after a perfect summer weekend!

thank goodness for running buddies!
I hope there are more perfect weekends like this in my near future!  If I know one thing for certain, there are many more runs in store for many weekends to come!

No comments: