Saturday, June 30, 2012

best recovery drink

I knew today's run was going to be a tough one.  And it was.  I started out too late for my own good, it was already 83deg just two miles in.  I stuck with it, walked a bit, and finished 10mi in 1:41:40.  A pace of just over 10min miles.  Not bad for as hot as it is outside.

When I was within about 2 miles from my house, my mind turned to my favorite recovery drink.  I could not wait to get a tall cold glass of it out of the fridge.  It's not what you might think...  Lots of people enjoy Gatorade or Muscle Milk or some other concoction that is specifically designed for athletes for muscle recovery.

Me?  I enjoy straight up chocolate milk.  It is the best.  No question.  So when I got home - after assuring my roommate that although I was having trouble breathing and talking, I was okay - I poured myself a refreshing glass of the best recovery drink I know of.  And it was delicious!


1 comment:

grandma dek said...

Spoken like a true Wisconsinite! Inaugural Wausau marathon Aug 25th! also Half? Interested???? We have a wedding at 10Am that day at our church. So we'll definitely be here.
Carly is being induced tomorrow if she doesn't have babe tonight. They were hiking this week so she must feel good:) Waiting is drawing to a close!