Friday, June 29, 2012

flashback friday #6

This one should be titled:  boys, boys, boys.  This was the year that I started having crushes on all sorts of boys.  Antonio Sabato Jr. (my mom and I were General Hospital fans), David Coverdale (lead singer of Whitesnake...yes!), all members of New Kids on the Block (except for Danny.  Did anyone have a crush on Danny?!).  And the crush that I knew in real life:  Matt Vanderslick.  He sat next to me in 7th grade homeroom, Mr. DeKryger's class.

I remember Matt bit his tongue really badly while playing basketball.  When he came back to school, all he could have for lunch was milkshakes and such.  He regaled us with the story and showed us where they sowed his tongue together.  See, we didn't have a lunch room/cafeteria at my school so we had to eat lunch in our classrooms.  Matt and I shared lunch everyday in 7th grade.... 

As it turned out he did not like me back...it was just the first of many unrequited crushes I would experience in my life.  Ahhhh, young "love." 

As for the picture...  I have no words.  (In case you're wondering, that IS a sweatshirt with a winter scene screen printed on it.  It was my mom's and I wore it with leggings.  Oh the shame...)

The others:
Flashback Friday #5
Flashback Friday #4
Flashback Friday #3
Flashback Friday #2
Flashback Friday #1

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Friday is my favorite day of the week.