Friday, June 15, 2012

flashback friday #4

What can I say about 5th grade? 

I did a project on tennis pro Martina Navratilova; Mrs. Heeringa was my teacher; Grandparents Day was one of my favorite days of the year; I got scolded by my teacher for not inviting all the girls in my class to my birthday party; oh, and I got a "mom" haircut.

What was I thinking....  My face is young (I still had those cheeks that you just want to squeeeeeeeze!) but my hair and clothes are that of a much older person.  Yes, I'm wearing a jumper - a midwest thing:  long dress with a button up, tshirt, or turtle neck underneath.  Most of the time they had appliques on them.  This one was a good ol' fashioned button up, buttons all the way down the front.

We're getting to the "Ugly Years," as I like to call them.  I can't quite believe I'm sharing these with you all...

In case you missed them:

3 comments:

Becky said...

Oh I remember the jumper years and it wasnt a mid west thing!!

Unknown said...

good to know it wasn't just us that were dressed horribly in the early '90s!

Katrina said...

This is FABULOUS. "Mom haircut"...I almost spit my water on my computer. LOVE!

In 5th grade my hair was still long but in the 7th grade I had what can only be described as an Ogilvie Home Perm/Mullet-ish Cut Gone *Really Really* Super Bad.

Super. Bad.