Friday, June 22, 2012

flashback friday #5

I'm trying to remember if anything really stands out from sixth grade...  And I can't think of any one thing that I specifically remember.  Perhaps it was just one of those years that gets lost in all the other years.

Maybe we took a family vacation that year?  Perhaps it was to Texas to visit family where my brother and I got yelled at by cattle farmer for moo-ing at the cows.  We city folk didn't know any better.  Maybe we went to Florida for Christmas - one year we flew down on Christmas Eve and by the time we got to our destination, no restaurants were open.  We had Christmas Eve dinner at Circle K (think 7-11 with gas pumps).  I had a hot dog and a bag of doritos.  

Or maybe neither of those vacations happened during my sixth grade year.  Maybe those memories are muddling together with all the others.

What I do remember is this is the year I began to hate the way I looked.  I thought I was fat and ugly (I still had those chubby cheeks, for goodness sake) and I was only 11yrs old.

At least I knew enough to grow my hair out, however I cannot be held responsible for those bangs.  It was the early 90's. 

But this picture is not as bad as 7th grade...just wait till next week. 

Flashback Friday #4
Flashback Friday #3
Flashback Friday #2
Flashback Friday #1

3 comments:

Katrina said...

LOVE this! You were so stinkin cute! And Christmas Eve dinner at Circle K - now THAT'S a treat. Wow. :) I thought of you this morning when Fenway and I went for a two-miler before it got hot. :)

PS: 6th Grade for me...my biggest memories: My awesome teacher, Mrs. Amadeo, had a baby. The other 6th grade teacher was a complete witch "Ms. Palmer" who had it out for me but time! This was the last year my family all lived together - my brother went off to college the following fall and it was never the same again. I truly love these flashbacks! (And I'm glad all of my grade school pics are tucked away somewhere in New Hampshire...)

Katrina said...

"big time" not "but time" (What the?)

Unknown said...

thanks for sharing, katrina! (i knew what you meant by but time.) :)