Thursday, June 21, 2012

it's too hot to __________!!!

If there's one thing I've learned about New Englanders, it's that they like to complain about the weather.  (And politics, but I'm not touching that one.)  I'll give you some examples:

  • Springtime - it's too rainy, there's too much pollen, when will it be summer already?
  • Wintertime - there's too much snow, there's not enough snow, it's so cold, it's so windy.
  • Autumn - (hmmm, I'm not sure I've heard much complaining about the autumn...it's pretty great around here!)  
And this brings me to, 
  • Summertime - it's too hot to cook, it's buggy, it's too hot to go outside, it always rains on the weekends, it's too hot to move...you get the idea.  
Which leads me to today's post:  It's too hot run!  With temps getting into the upper 90's, it's just not safe to run, and I'm not super stoked on running in hot weather (save for the Boston Marathon...).  I had planned on trying to beat the heat with a morning run today, like I did yesterday.  However, when I checked the temp prior to getting out of bed, it was nearing 80deg already. 

Instead of getting up and slogging through a tough run (because I know it would not have been a good one) I set the alarm for my usual get up time and enjoyed an extra hour of sleep.

Thank goodness for a gym membership and air conditioning.  

1 comment:

Katrina said...

Confession: I've been down south for long enough to say when it's 80 degrees...I wear jeans. (Gasp!)