Tuesday, January 1, 2013

by the numbers

Let's take a look back at 2012 based on a few numbers:

1141.5 - miles run
4 - pairs of shoes
13 - official races run
1 - unofficial half marathon (June)
2 - marathons
3575 - dollars raised for The Respite Center
1 - marathon PR
88 - degrees on the day of above PR
134 - blog posts
164 - times I ran around Lake Quannapowitt (made up estimated)
20 - days since my last run


Yeah, it's been a while.  But you know what?  I needed it.  I was feeling pretty dog gone burnt out after the Memphis Marathon and knowing I've got a really big year ahead of me (another two marathons - more about that later), I knew I needed some down time.

And it's been great!  Except for the fact that I've be indulging in a few too many Christmas goodies and will seriously have to reign things in.  But that will begin tomorrow, or I guess, today.  And it will include my very first run of 2013 and training for the first marathon of the year.

Happy New Year, friends!

No comments: